Tuesday 29 November 2011

Playgrounds in the rain

So I promised Oliver we could go to the new playground today and even though it was horribly drizzly I figured I'd better not disappoint so off we went.

Predictably as the weather wasn't great the park was empty so Oliver went straight for the zip wire & kept himself entertained going back and forth without incident.

Zoe went straight for the wooden castle structure and I hovered close by waiting for her to slip. Miraculously she didn't and she made it up the stairs and across the bridge to the top of the slide where she positioned herself for a leisurely slide down on her tummy. Fortunately she was going feet first, as due to the slight dampness of the slide she went down like a rocket and flew off the end gaining a fair bit of air before landing on the floor on her belly.

Luckily she wasn't injured as being the sympathetic type I am, my first instinct whilst picking her off the ground was to laugh. She didn't seem too traumatised by it all, just a little shocked, but funnily enough she decided after that that she didn't really want to go on the slide again.

No comments:

Post a Comment